Naturopathic Medicine is a holistic approach to health care that blends conventional and natural approaches. Many people are unaware of the variety of treatment options that exist outside of traditional western medicine, but it’s important to know about them since they can provide relief from their symptoms or help them feel better in general. Naturopaths believe that the root cause for many ailments lies in an imbalance within the body, which can be solved by using gentle treatments like diet changes, exercise modalities, homeopathic remedies and botanical medicines.
Optimal Healing : The 6 Principles of Naturopathy
Naturopathy is a holistic system of medicine that is based on the belief that the body has an innate capacity to heal itself. In this blog post, we will explore six foundational principles of naturopathy: First Do No Harm, The Healing Power of Nature, Identify and Treat the Causes, Doctor as Teacher, Treat the Whole Person and Prevention.
- Do No Harm: Patients are encouraged to avoid harming themselves or their health with unnecessary medications, surgery and other treatments which may mask symptoms but not cure the cause(s) of their illness. In addition, they should avoid potentially harmful substances in food, drink and air such as alcohol, caffeine and sugar. Naturopaths have a holistic approach to healing that includes the body’s innate ability to heal itself as well as natural methods of curing disease such as massage, hydrotherapy (e.g., use of water for therapeutic purposes), exercise and dietary therapy.
- The Healing Power of Nature: Naturopathic doctors believe in the power of nature’s remedies which include herbs, nutrition-rich foods, fresh air & sunshine and other means including homeopathy, acupuncture or biofeedback techniques. These treatments are believed to cure by strengthening or stimulating one’s own immune system rather than suppressing it with drugs or surgery. For example, if someone suffers from seasonal allergies they may be given an herbal remedy like goldenrod to strengthen and regulate their immune system.
- Identify and Treat the Causes: Naturopathic doctors believe that many illnesses can be cured by identifying the root cause of a patient’s illness, such as removing heavy metals from one’s body or providing mental therapy for an individual with depression.
- Doctor as Teacher: A naturopath is trained in recognizing symptoms of stress which are often responsible for physical ailments such as heart disease, obesity and diabetes (among others). They also receive training in nutrition so they may provide patients with dietary advice on how to avoid these conditions. The doctor will then teach methods of self-management like exercise or meditation so individuals can learn how to manage their own health without having to rely on medication treatments alone.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopaths believe that though a patient’s symptoms may be rooted in their physical body, they can also have emotional and spiritual causes too. Doctors will take into account all aspects of a person’s life when diagnosing them and prescribing treatment (e.g diet) to help heal any underlying cause(s).
- Prevention: As naturopathic practitioners stress prevention as much as cure, people who come under their care are encouraged to avoid using drugs or alcohol which can harm one’s health if used over an extended period of time. They should also eat nutritiously and exercise regularly for optimal mental & physical fitness.
The 6 tips for optimal health may not be the cure-all, but they are a good start. If you’re looking to maintain your own wellness and that of those around you in a sustainable way, we recommend incorporating these naturopathic principles into your daily life. Optimal healing is about balancing the body’s natural processes with nature itself – so make sure you get plenty of fresh air and sunlight! It doesn’t matter how many supplements or pills we take if our bodies aren’t functioning optimally on their own. Take care of yourself as well as others who depend on you for support. Stay healthy!
About the Authors
Society’s Voice advocates for Naturopathic treatments for a variety of physical and mental disabilities. Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary health care that emphasizes prevention and the self-healing process through the use of natural therapies. We know that the efficacy of naturopathic medicine dates back to the 1890s, and are heartened to see naturopathic medicine undergo a rapid increase in public interest in recent years as a result of the growing consumer movement to solve the healthcare puzzle using prevention, wellness and respect for nature’s inherent healing ability.
Hoping you found this article interesting! Thank you to Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary, the fastest cbd direct online in the USA. At Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary, they provide high-quality and affordable CBD Hemp products. Their goal is to spread health and wellness by making their customers feel better with the use of quality cannabis remedies. They want you to get in touch so that one of their team members can help you find your perfect product or answer any questions about how cannabidiol might be able to improve your life.