There is a lot of discussion surrounding naturopathy and its ability to help with Covid 19. Some people swear by it, while others believe that it is nothing more than a placebo effect. So, what is the truth? Is naturopathy helpful with Covid 19? In this blog post, we will take a look at the evidence and see what conclusions can be drawn.
The first thing to consider is the fact that naturopathy is not a treatment for Covid 19. It is, however, an approach to healthcare that emphasizes the body’s ability to heal itself. This means that it can be used as a complementary treatment to traditional medicine. For example, someone who is taking medication for their Covid 19 may also use naturopathy to help boost their immune system and speed up recovery.
There is some evidence to suggest that naturopathy can be helpful in treating Covid 19. A study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that patients who received naturopathic care had a shorter hospital stay than those who did not receive naturopathic care. The study also found that patients who received naturopathic care had a lower risk of complications and death.
While the evidence is promising, it is important to remember that naturopathy is not a cure for Covid 19. It can, however, be used as a complementary treatment to traditional medicine. If you are considering using naturopathy to help with your Covid 19 recovery, be sure to speak with your doctor first. They will be able to advise you on whether or not it is right for you.
Some commonly used naturopathic therapies that may help with Covid-19 include:
1. Hydrotherapy: This involves using water (either hot or cold) to promote healing and relieve symptoms. It can be used as a standalone therapy or in combination with other naturopathic treatments.
2. Herbal medicine: There are many different herbs that have traditionally been used to treat respiratory illnesses, such as ginger, echinacea, and licorice root. These can be taken in the form of teas, tinctures, or capsules.
3. Nutrition: Eating a healthy, balanced diet is important for overall health and can help to boost the immune system. However, there are certain nutrients that are especially beneficial for respiratory health, such as vitamin C, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids.
4. Acupuncture: This traditional Chinese medicine therapy involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body. It can be used to relieve pain and other symptoms associated with respiratory illnesses.
5. Homeopathy: This therapy is based on the principle of “like cures like.” That is, a substance that causes certain symptoms in a healthy person can be used to treat those same symptoms in someone who is sick. Homeopathic remedies are usually taken in very small doses.
6. Massage: This therapy can help to relieve muscle tension and promote relaxation. It may also help to ease respiratory symptoms by increasing airflow and drainage in the lungs.
7. Chiropractic: This therapy focuses on correcting misalignments in the spine. It can be helpful for relieving pain and restoring normal function to the nervous system.
8. Yoga: This mind-body practice can help to reduce stress and promote relaxation. It may also help to improve respiratory function and increase lung capacity.
9. Breath work: There are various breathwork techniques that can help to improve respiratory function and ease symptoms of respiratory illnesses. One example is the Buteyko method, which involves shallow breathing through the nose.
10. aromatherapy: This therapy uses essential oils from plants to promote health and well-being. Some essential oils, such as eucalyptus and peppermint, can help to open up the airways and relieve respiratory congestion.
These are just a few of the many naturopathic therapies that may help with Covid-19. It’s important to remember that each person is unique and will respond differently to different treatments. What works for one person may not work for another. It’s important to work with a qualified naturopathic doctor to find the best treatment plan for you.
So there you have it! Is naturopathy helpful with Covid 19? The evidence suggests that it can be, but it is not a cure. If you are considering using naturopathy to help with your Covid 19 recovery, be sure to speak with your doctor first. They will be able to advise you on whether or not it is right for you.
About the Authors
Society’s Voice advocates for Naturopathic treatments for a variety of physical and mental disabilities. Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary health care that emphasizes prevention and the self-healing process through the use of natural therapies. We know that the efficacy of naturopathic medicine dates back to the 1890s, and are heartened to see naturopathic medicine undergo a rapid increase in public interest in recent years as a result of the growing consumer movement to solve the healthcare puzzle using prevention, wellness and respect for nature’s inherent healing ability.
Sponsored by the best CBD oil online delivery. If you’re looking for an alternative to prescription drugs, Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary is the place to go. As America’s favorite and most talked about natural remedy, cannabinol (CBD) has become a popular choice among consumers because of its many benefits. Our team at Mary Jane’s are extremely passionate about this industry-leading product and aim to educate our customers on how they can incorporate it into their lives with ease. Are you ready to take your health goals seriously? Get in touch with us today!