Naturopathic medicine is a type of alternative medicine that has been around for over 100 years. It’s often used as a last resort to treat chronic illness, and many people find it very beneficial. But is naturopathy safe? That depends on what you do with it. If you take medications prescribed by your doctor, then go see the naturopath for something like stress relief or an immune system boost – those are all great things and they can be done together safely! However, if you stop taking your medication because you start going to the naturopath instead – this could have some negative consequences. So before jumping into anything new, make sure to talk with your doctor first so that both of you know what’s best for YOU!
Natural Medicine: 5 Reasons Why Naturopathy is Safe for You
- Naturopaths treat the whole person – they look at your lifestyle, diet, mental attitude and spiritual beliefs when determining how to best help you
- When a patient has found relief from their symptoms through naturopathic treatments, they have often made other changes in their life which helps them feel better
- Naturopathic doctors use natural remedies including herbs and botanicals instead of synthetic drugs or surgery
- Many people who start on natural medicines find that they can eventually stop taking all of their medications
- You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Naturopathic Medicine Is Safe for All Basic Illnesses
Naturopathic medicine is a safe alternative to traditional western medicines for all basic illnesses. It can be used as an analgesic, antidiarrheal, and anti-inflammatory agent. Naturopathic medicines are also useful in treating conditions of the skin, respiratory system and digestive tract. The benefits of naturopathic medicines for various ailments including colds, flu, headaches and arthritis pain which are so common among us today.
- Cold and Flu: Cold remedies are usually self-limiting illnesses in adults, but can be serious for children. For colds with fever or other complications, consult a physician as the illness may require antibiotics. The area is also important when using naturopathic medicines to alleviate flu symptoms. Always make sure there is plenty of rest (particularly during daytime hours) and fluids such as water and herbal tea should be encouraged throughout the day. Furthermore, natural remedies like ginger and garlic have been shown to provide relief from respiratory conditions including coughs, congestion & sinus pressure by boosting circulation which facilitates mucous clearance. Ginger has also been known to relieve nausea due to morning sickness or motion sickness while honey soothes sore throats caused by coughing or throat irritants.
- Headache: When it comes to the treatment of headaches, naturopathic medicines can be used in both acute and chronic cases. In many instances, headache sufferers are looking for a quick fix or temporary relief which is not possible with these natural treatments but they may offer an effective long-term solution if taken regularly over time. For instance, acupuncture has been shown to reduce migraine frequency by 40% while chiropractic care offers significant reduction in pain intensity when compared to those receiving no treatment at all. A hot bath also provides respite from tension-type headaches as does massage therapy and heat packs on the neck muscles when done gently due to their close proximity to nerves that regulate head & neck function such as trigeminal and cervical nerves.
- Arthritis Pain: Arthritis pain can be treated with naturopathic medicines that target inflammation, a major cause of joint discomfort. Essentially when it comes to the treatment of arthritis pain through natural remedies there are two approaches- one is prevention & the other is relief for those experiencing acute symptoms. There are many different types of herbs used in these treatments such as turmeric which has been found effective at relieving morning stiffness while ginger boosts circulation by relaxing joints to reduce tightness or spasms related to fibromyalgia. Similarly, St John’s wort improves mood because it inhibits serotonin breakdown which may help relieve depression secondary to chronic conditions like osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Nausea: Nausea is a common side-effect of pregnancy & chemotherapy and can be remedied with natural remedies for relief. It’s important to keep in mind that when it comes to nausea, there are two types which include those caused by illness or medications while others are due to gastric upset or motion sickness. In the case of medication induced nausea, one solution is ginger since it has been found effective at reducing chemo-induced vomiting during treatment sessions while peppermint offers some relief from morning sickness as well as travel related symptoms like car sickness and seasickness because these herbs promote saliva production which reduces stomach acids . Similarly, acupuncture may help improve mood secondary to chronic conditions like osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- High Blood Pressure: There are many ways to reduce blood pressure through naturopathic medicines, including lifestyle changes. For instance, those with high cholesterol often experience even higher levels of hypertension as a result which can be remedied by changing diet patterns or adopting healthier lifestyles such as adding more exercise into the routine. Other natural remedies include hawthorn berry tea & celery seeds for their ability to lower blood pressure over time while increasing circulation at the same time- these foods may also reduce symptoms caused by inflammation in joints like pain or stiffness that accompany RA.
- Stress Relief: In order to alleviate stress there is no better way than meditation using breathing techniques along with visualization exercises. As a result, it may be helpful to incorporate these natural remedies into the daily routine for relief from anxiety related disorders like PTSD as well as depression which is often brought on by chronic conditions such as RA or those with fibromyalgia who experience more pain than others due to increased sensitivity.
- Infection: Naturopathic medicines can help fight infections that are caused by bacteria or viruses because they stimulate immune system function in order to reduce inflammation and provide long-term prevention against future occurrences of illness. For instance, garlic capsules & echinacea herb have been found effective at reducing the duration of colds while also improving immunity after infection through stimulation of white blood cells (WBC) activity. Similarly, St John’s wort improves mood because it inhibits serotonin breakdown which may help relieve depression secondary to chronic conditions like osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Insomnia: There are many ways that naturopathic medicines can be used for insomnia. For instance, some herbs such as valerian root & kava offer assistance in inducing sleep while others act as natural sedatives. In other cases, organic diets or acupuncture sessions have been found effective at reducing anxiety related disorders like PTSD which often lead to insomnia through stress-induced hormones including cortisol and adrenaline but also by producing alpha waves in the brain during REM cycles of sleep. Furthermore, St John’s wort improves mood because it inhibits serotonin breakdown which may help relieve depression secondary to chronic conditions like osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Diabetes: There are many ways that naturopathic medicines can be used for diabetes, including lifestyle changes. For instance, those who have an elevated risk of developing type II diabetes due to genetics and/or diet may also need to change their lifestyles in order to prevent the ailment from manifesting itself beyond a healthy body weight & balanced blood glucose levels- these include increased physical activity or simply adding more protein into every meal as well as prioritizing vegetables over starches like rice while limiting dairy products like cheese. Other natural remedies involve increasing fiber intake since it promotes gut health which in turn impacts insulin response by reducing inflammation and providing long-term prevention against future occurrences of illness. Chicken soup is one such option because it contains glucagon (a hormone that is released when we are in pain or have an infection) which increases blood glucose levels, making it similar to a traditional diabetes treatment.
Regardless of their profession, people want to know they are in safe hands. Naturopathy is a natural way for you and your family to maintain good health. It can be used as an alternative or supplement to other treatments such as drugs with harsh side effects or surgery that may not always be necessary. The 5 reasons we’ve outlined should make it easier for you to decide if naturopathic medicine is right for you and your loved ones. And remember, when the occasion does arise where more advanced medical help is needed, do not hesitate! Natural therapies can safely compliment any conventional treatment plan so don’t forget about this option just because traditional doctors recommend otherwise. Stay healthy!
About the Authors
Society’s Voice advocates for Naturopathic treatments for a variety of physical and mental disabilities. Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary health care that emphasizes prevention and the self-healing process through the use of natural therapies. We know that the efficacy of naturopathic medicine dates back to the 1890s, and are heartened to see naturopathic medicine undergo a rapid increase in public interest in recent years as a result of the growing consumer movement to solve the healthcare puzzle using prevention, wellness and respect for nature’s inherent healing ability.
Happily brought to you with the assistance of Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary, the newest cbd nutrition online. If you’re looking for a hemp product to help with your health or mental condition, Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary is the perfect place. They offer customers an alternative to pharmaceutical drugs and want you to feel better without having to take harmful meds. Their team members are extremely passionate about what they do at MJD and hope that by creating this blog post, they can share our passion with others too. Get in touch if you would like more information on any of their products!